Maybe today’s Republicans don’t know that the Greatest Generation went through the depression and WWII and their president throughout both was Franklin Delano Roosevelt, not Ronald Reagan. Eisenhower was to the left of Barack Obama. JFK, Lyndon Johnson, Nixon, Ford — all of them — were more liberal than any of today’s Republicans.
Sign up for Action Alerts
Register for occasional actions and updates from Campaign for America's Future.
Thank you for registering for OurFuture.org
You've been added to our list for occasional updates and alerts.
More Posts on Conservatism
Most Popular Posts
- “Congress” Isn’t Blocking Unemployment Extension; Republicans Are
- 5 Giant Un-American Corporations Trying to Bolt U.S. to Avoid Taxes
- House Republicans Blocked Critical ‘Make It In America’ Bill
- A Simplified Way To Tax Multinational Corporations
- Corporate Tax Behavior So Bad Even Fortune Magazine Can’t Stomach It
- Republicans Again Filibuster Bring Jobs Home Act
- Congressional Staff Find 40 Minutes Of Being Poor In America Exhausting
- Is Walgreens Trying To Leave The U.S.?
Recent Stories by Digby
Digby is the pseudonym of blogger Heather Parton from Santa Monica, California, who founded the blog Hullabaloo. The once-anonymous blogger became public when she accepted the 2007 Paul Wellstone Citizen Leadership Award from the Campaign for America's Future on behalf of the progressive blogosphere.
THIS WEEK: OurFuture.org's Isaiah J. Poole on Bernie Sanders' "democratic socialism" and Republican fear-mongering.
Hear more on The Rick Smith Show website.