Reverend William Barber and Dr. Liz Theoharis speak in Memphis, Tennessee about the “new and unsettling force” of Dr. Martin Luther King’s life and legacy, on the eve of the 50th anniversary of Dr. King’s assassination. Barber and Theoharis are co-chairs of the New Poor People’s Campaign, A National Call for Moral Revival, inspired by Dr. King’s movement at the time of his death in 1968.
THIS WEEK: Isaiah J. Poole comments on the political theater being played out with every Trump tweet.
Hear more on The Rick Smith Show website.
Most Popular Posts
- “Congress” Isn’t Blocking Unemployment Extension; Republicans Are
- 5 Giant Un-American Corporations Trying to Bolt U.S. to Avoid Taxes
- House Republicans Blocked Critical ‘Make It In America’ Bill
- A Simplified Way To Tax Multinational Corporations
- Corporate Tax Behavior So Bad Even Fortune Magazine Can’t Stomach It
- Republicans Again Filibuster Bring Jobs Home Act
- Congressional Staff Find 40 Minutes Of Being Poor In America Exhausting
- Is Walgreens Trying To Leave The U.S.?
Recent Stories by Tim Wilkins
About Tim Wilkins
Tim Wilkins is a journalist, formerly with Bloomberg News and NPR, who edits People's Action's national daily newsletter, Progressive Breakfast, and blog, OurFuture.org.