With a new wave of populism rising, the Campaign for America’s Future has announced that tickets are on sale for “The New Populism Conference,” convening May 22 in Washington and featuring Sen. Elizabeth Warren.
Starting at 9 a.m. at the Washington Court Hotel near the U.S. Capitol, participants will discuss strategies for educating, energizing and mobilizing around an agenda for economic change that strong majorities of Americans already support, including:
• Investing in good jobs to achieve full employment
• Ensuring that anyone who works full time should not be in poverty
• Breaking up the banks that are “too big to fail”
• Increasing, not cutting, Social Security benefits
• Recognizing that America is not broke; the rich and big corporations are not paying their fair share.
• Rejecting the Supreme Court’s view that corporations are people, and refusing to let big money buy our democracy.
Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s luncheon address is sure to electrify the crowd, just as she has been doing across the country during her current book tour. In addition, critical sessions throughout the day will be sharpening the progressive principles that will unite and galvanize America’s new populist majority.
This is the moment where the new populist energy will be channeled into an unstoppable movement. If you want to be a part of it, click here and reserve your place now.