The terrible trade deficit is where our jobs and the economy went. Trade i sour real deficit! But the trade deficit is ignored because it makes a few elites wealthy at the expense of the rest of us. Even as this huge trade deficit drains jobs and money, our elites whip up fear over the budget deficit, using that fear to herd politicians toward a “grand bargain” that cuts taxes on the wealthy and corporations while cutting the things We, the People do for each other.
Sign up for Action Alerts
Register for occasional actions and updates from Campaign for America's Future.
Thank you for registering for OurFuture.org
You've been added to our list for occasional updates and alerts.
The Revolt Against the TPP
Lori Wallach, director of Public Citizen’s Global Trade Watch, explains the “transpartisan, nationwide trade revolt” against the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
Burning Issues is a regular video series featuring progressive experts on issues of global concern in the 2016 presidential campaign. Watch the entire series.
THIS WEEK: Isaiah J. Poole discusses the Republican convention and a Trump surrogate’s yearning for the 1950s.
More by Dave Johnson
Most Popular Posts
- “Congress” Isn’t Blocking Unemployment Extension; Republicans Are
- 5 Giant Un-American Corporations Trying to Bolt U.S. to Avoid Taxes
- House Republicans Blocked Critical ‘Make It In America’ Bill
- A Simplified Way To Tax Multinational Corporations
- Corporate Tax Behavior So Bad Even Fortune Magazine Can’t Stomach It
- Republicans Again Filibuster Bring Jobs Home Act
- Congressional Staff Find 40 Minutes Of Being Poor In America Exhausting
- Is Walgreens Trying To Leave The U.S.?
About Dave Johnson