The terrible trade deficit is where our jobs and the economy went. Trade i sour real deficit! But the trade deficit is ignored because it makes a few elites wealthy at the expense of the rest of us. Even as this huge trade deficit drains jobs and money, our elites whip up fear over the budget deficit, using that fear to herd politicians toward a “grand bargain” that cuts taxes on the wealthy and corporations while cutting the things We, the People do for each other.
Sign up for Action Alerts
Register for occasional actions and updates from Campaign for America's Future.
Thank you for registering for OurFuture.org
You've been added to our list for occasional updates and alerts.
Why We Need to Audit the Pentagon
Danielle Brian of the Project on Government Oversight explains why an audit of the Pentagon’s finances should be the next president’s top priority.
Burning Issues is a regular video series featuring progressive experts on issues of global concern in the 2016 presidential campaign. Watch the entire series.
An audit of the Defense Department’s finances must be the next president’s top priority to root out waste and “legalized corruption” in Pentagon procurement, says Danielle Brian, executive director of the Project on Government Oversight, in this Burning Issues video.
THIS WEEK: Isaiah J. Poole talks about the right-wing push for anti-LGBT bills in Mississippi and North Carolina.
More by Dave Johnson
Most Popular Posts
- “Congress” Isn’t Blocking Unemployment Extension; Republicans Are
- 5 Giant Un-American Corporations Trying to Bolt U.S. to Avoid Taxes
- House Republicans Blocked Critical ‘Make It In America’ Bill
- A Simplified Way To Tax Multinational Corporations
- Corporate Tax Behavior So Bad Even Fortune Magazine Can’t Stomach It
- Republicans Again Filibuster Bring Jobs Home Act
- Congressional Staff Find 40 Minutes Of Being Poor In America Exhausting
- Is Walgreens Trying To Leave The U.S.?
About Dave Johnson