Progressive bloggers were ready to have a “stroke” after Mike Allen from Politico reported that the Administration wants to take action on Social Security – action that’s likely to include cuts. Many were relieved when Tim Fernholz of the American Prospect, who attended the same briefing Allen did, assured them that Allen got it wrong. Well, I was at that briefing too. This may be bad news for the cerebro-vascular health of the progressive movement, but it seems to me that Allen got this one right.
THIS WEEK: Isaiah J. Poole comments on the political theater being played out with every Trump tweet.
Hear more on The Rick Smith Show website.
Most Popular Posts
- “Congress” Isn’t Blocking Unemployment Extension; Republicans Are
- 5 Giant Un-American Corporations Trying to Bolt U.S. to Avoid Taxes
- House Republicans Blocked Critical ‘Make It In America’ Bill
- A Simplified Way To Tax Multinational Corporations
- Corporate Tax Behavior So Bad Even Fortune Magazine Can’t Stomach It
- Republicans Again Filibuster Bring Jobs Home Act
- Congressional Staff Find 40 Minutes Of Being Poor In America Exhausting
- Is Walgreens Trying To Leave The U.S.?
About Richard Eskow
Richard (RJ) Eskow is a writer and radio journalist who has worked in health insurance and economics, occupational health, risk management, finance, and IT. He is also a former musician.