In a new piece at The Huffington Post, your humble correspondent begins the New Year in a time-honored fashion: with an act of confession for past sins. The piece is entitled “I’m the Guy Who Cut Your Health Benefits. Trust Me.” It deals with the health excise tax at some length, mainly while discussing the differences between abstract theory and real-world behavior. It also addresses the issue of insurance industry oversight and monitoring, which will be a critical element of any health reform processes.
Sign up for Action Alerts
Register for occasional actions and updates from Campaign for America's Future.
Thank you for registering for OurFuture.org
You've been added to our list for occasional updates and alerts.
The Revolt Against the TPP
Lori Wallach, director of Public Citizen’s Global Trade Watch, explains the “transpartisan, nationwide trade revolt” against the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
Burning Issues is a regular video series featuring progressive experts on issues of global concern in the 2016 presidential campaign. Watch the entire series.
THIS WEEK: Isaiah J. Poole discusses the Republican convention and a Trump surrogate’s yearning for the 1950s.
More by Richard Eskow
- Sorkin’s Attack on Elizabeth Warren Misses the Mark
- Free Higher Education Is a Human Right
- Prosecute Now: The Justice Department Can Still Act Against Bad Bankers
- Guess Who Doesn’t Want Social Security’s Offices Closed – and Who Does
- Elizabeth Warren: “Enough is Enough” With Obama’s Wall Street Appointees
Most Popular Posts
- “Congress” Isn’t Blocking Unemployment Extension; Republicans Are
- 5 Giant Un-American Corporations Trying to Bolt U.S. to Avoid Taxes
- House Republicans Blocked Critical ‘Make It In America’ Bill
- A Simplified Way To Tax Multinational Corporations
- Corporate Tax Behavior So Bad Even Fortune Magazine Can’t Stomach It
- Republicans Again Filibuster Bring Jobs Home Act
- Congressional Staff Find 40 Minutes Of Being Poor In America Exhausting
- Is Walgreens Trying To Leave The U.S.?
About Richard Eskow