This Saturday, Feb, 8, the North Carolina Moral Mondays movement is holding a major march in Raleigh, N.C. This is the beginning of a much larger national movement that you’ll see across the country this year.
A news release headlined “The Forward Together Movement to Hold Massive “Moral March on Raleigh” on February 8 to Protest Injustice and Restore Democracy” explains:
RALEIGH – The Forward Together Moral Movement, a broad, multiracial coalition movement led by the North Carolina NAACP, has called for thousands of people to assemble at the NC state capitol on Feb. 8 for a Moral March to protest the extremist policies passed by the state government last year.
The movement is made up of more than 160 partners from the civil rights, women’s rights, faith-based, labor, LGBT, immigrant justice, student and environmental communities. Participants will help map out sustained direct-action campaigns for the rest of 2014, including grassroots voter engagement for the mid-term elections and beyond. It is expected that Rev. Dr. William J. Barber, II, President of the NC NAACP and architect of the Moral Movement, will announce a number of actions in his major charge to the assembled around 11:45 am, including a five-point mobilization plan and a 21st century version of Freedom Summer in North Carolina.
• Join The Stand For Justice Feb. 8 In Raleigh, N.C.
• Go To Raleigh And ‘Send A Signal’ To Tea-Party Extremists
• Southern Revival: The Righteous Progressivism of Moral Mondays
• North Carolina State Senator Calls ‘Moral Monday’ Protesters ‘Moral Morons’
• Watch Rev. William Barber Talk About Voting Rights
• Rev. Barber: The Moral March Against The Forces Of Extremism and Regression