Today is a national day of action to support public education. Across the country parents, educators and more than 100 community groups are coming together for this National Day of Action to Reclaim the Promise of Public Education: Our Schools, Our Solutions. This is the largest coordinated action to reclaim the promise of public education in recent memory.
Here’s how you can help reclaim the promise of public education and make the Day of Action a success:
- Sign this petition calling for a new direction for our public schools.
- Change your cover photo on Facebook today. Get the image here.
Use Twitter to tell your followers about the Day of Action. Here are some sample tweets:
- Today is the National Day of Action to Reclaim the Promise of Public Education: http://bit.ly/ReclaimIt #ReclaimPublicEd #ReclaimIt
- Tell Congress: It’s time to reclaim the promise of public ed: http://bit.ly/ReclaimIt #ReclaimPubliced #ReclaimIt
- Our schools, our solutions! Here are the principles that unite us: http://bit.ly/1c9hKM8 #ReclaimPublicEd ##ReclaimIt
- AFT prez @rweingarten and Jackson of @OTLCampaign write about #ReclaimPublicEd in @GOOD: http://bit.ly/ILVeRZ
- We want to put public schools back into the hands of the public: http://bit.ly/ILVeRZ #ReclaimPublicEd #ReclaimIt
- Reclaiming the Promise is a community-driven movement, focused on investing and doing what works: http://bit.ly/ILVeRZ#ReclaimPublicEd
- We want teachers, parents, students & community members to have a meaningful voice in ed policy: http://bit.ly/ILVeRZ#ReclaimPublicEd
- A must read piece in @TheNation. It’s time to #ReclaimPublicEd: http://bit.ly/18tEQiN #ReclaimIt
- Educators, parents, youth and the community are uniting to #ReclaimPublicEd: http://wapo.st/IzjnLV via @TheRoot247 #ReclaimIt
- Today is the National Day of Action to #ReclaimPublicEd: http://bit.ly/1cdRqUL #ReclaimIt via @JeffBCDM
- The top-down policies of the last decade have not worked. That’s why we’re going to #ReclaimPublicEd: http://wapo.st/1964N8J#ReclaimIt
Here are some Media highlights:
- The Nation: Reclaim School Reform
- Washington Post: Education ‘Day of Action’ set Monday in 60-plus cities
- The Root: Day of Action Unites Students, Teachers in Protest
- MSNBC’s Politics Nation with Al Sharpton: Interview with AFT President Randi Weingarten
- Huffington Post: Teachers Union Launching Massive Campaign Against Education Reform Movement