First, a great music video, We Are The Union, from CWA. I love this one, “Brooklyn Cablevision workers saw through the corporate lies, organized to join CWA, and immortalized the experience in this amazing song.”
One of my favorites, What Have The Unions Ever Done For Us?
(Pay increases! Fuck off!)
Friends With Low Wages
“When those Wal-Mart guys hear the word “unionize” they go completely insane. They’ll find out who, and boy if it’s you, you’re in for a world of pain.”
This ad, Rescue, supports a “Protect Our Jobs” Michigan ballot initiative that will amend the state constitution to:
- Establish the people’s rights to organize to form, join or assist unions and to bargain collectively with public or private employers regarding wages, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
- Prohibit employers from retaliating against their employees for exercising those rights.
- State and local governments from interfering with those rights.
- Authorize the State to restrict or prohibit public employee strikes.
- Protect current laws establishing minimum wages, hours and working conditions.
- Prohibit government from interfering with agreements respecting employees’ financial support of their union.
- Grant State Civil Service employees’ collective bargaining rights.
Laughter Works comedy show from February. More info here.:
For real comedy relief, here is Glenn Beck going on about how labor unions — and Occupy Wall Street — are “tied to” communists! (He says it is about “instituting a communist government”.)