The unemployment crisis is startling to looking a lot like the gusher in the Gulf, except that where there may not be much political leaders can do about that, there are things that can be done about unemployment. The difference is that they are choosing not to do anything about it. Just as the spread of the oil from the Gulf may have long-term consequences, and leave permanent damage, so will the jobs deficit Washington has determined not to do anything about. That’s not just bad policy. It’s pathetic politics.
Sign up for Action Alerts
Register for occasional actions and updates from Campaign for America's Future.
Thank you for registering for OurFuture.org
You've been added to our list for occasional updates and alerts.
Is the Iran Nuclear Deal Working?
Kate Gould of the Friends Committee on National Legislation discusses the importance of pushing back against critics of the Obama administration’s nuclear deal with Iran.
Burning Issues is a regular video series featuring progressive experts on issues of global concern in the 2016 presidential campaign. Watch the entire series.
THIS WEEK: Isaiah J. Poole talks about the right-wing push for anti-LGBT bills in Mississippi and North Carolina.
More Posts on Economy
- A Must-See Movie, “Inequality for All” with Robert Reich, Opens Sept. 27
- Seven Years After: Why This Recovery Is Still a Turkey
- Polling Irony: People Think Economy Is Rigged; Trust The GOP To Fix It
- Promised Republican Economic Austerity Plan Will Ruin The Economy
- 9 Stories of Injustice from Matt Taibbi’s New Book, ‘The Divide’
More by Terrance Heath
- Ferguson And The “War On Whites”
- Wingnut Week In Review: Speaking Ill Of the Dead
- Wingnut Week In Review: The Ferguson Edition
- Blink, And You’ll Miss The Latest “Libertarian Moment”
- No, Megyn Kelly, Jesus Was Not “White”
- Dream Defenders: Leaving The Capitol, Not The Fight
- Utah Is Ending Homelessness By Giving People Homes
- The “Perfect Storm” Behind Toledo’s Toxic Tap Water
About Terrance Heath