Like any parents, we want the best possible future for our children, and we’re doing all we can to prepare them to attain it as our parents did for us. Being the grandson of sharecroppers and the son of 1st generation Polish immigrants, to us that means getting an education, being able to land a "good job" with the possibility of moving up the economic ladder, and possibly doing better than one’s parents did. But the current rate of long-term joblessness, and Washington’s apparent lack of political will to remedy it make me wonder if our elected officials see long-term unemployment as a crisis to be averted or "the new normal" — a "correction" that must simply be accepted.
Sign up for Action Alerts
Register for occasional actions and updates from Campaign for America's Future.
Thank you for registering for OurFuture.org
You've been added to our list for occasional updates and alerts.
Pentagon Spending Out Of Control
Danielle Brian of the Project on Government Oversight highlights the reasons the Pentagon budget is so bloated and a common-sense response from Sen. Bernie Sanders.
Burning Issues is a regular video series featuring progressive experts on issues of global concern in the 2016 presidential campaign. Watch the entire series.
THIS WEEK: Isaiah J. Poole talks about the right-wing push for anti-LGBT bills in Mississippi and North Carolina.
More by Terrance Heath
- Ferguson And The “War On Whites”
- Wingnut Week In Review: Speaking Ill Of the Dead
- Wingnut Week In Review: The Ferguson Edition
- Blink, And You’ll Miss The Latest “Libertarian Moment”
- No, Megyn Kelly, Jesus Was Not “White”
- Dream Defenders: Leaving The Capitol, Not The Fight
- Utah Is Ending Homelessness By Giving People Homes
- The “Perfect Storm” Behind Toledo’s Toxic Tap Water
Most Popular Posts
- “Congress” Isn’t Blocking Unemployment Extension; Republicans Are
- 5 Giant Un-American Corporations Trying to Bolt U.S. to Avoid Taxes
- House Republicans Blocked Critical ‘Make It In America’ Bill
- A Simplified Way To Tax Multinational Corporations
- Corporate Tax Behavior So Bad Even Fortune Magazine Can’t Stomach It
- Republicans Again Filibuster Bring Jobs Home Act
- Congressional Staff Find 40 Minutes Of Being Poor In America Exhausting
- Is Walgreens Trying To Leave The U.S.?
About Terrance Heath