This week, Karl Rove proved once again that his Bush-era nickname “Turd Blossom” was well-earned. Just when you thought he couldn’t sink any lower, Rove launched a laughably desperate attack on Hillary Clinton.
Karl “Bush’s Brain” Rove said the Hillary Clinton may have “traumatic brain injury” from a fall in 2012, and then tried to play it off as a misunderstood call for “transparency” regarding Clinton’s health.
Naturally, “The Big Dog” fired back, complete with his trademark lip biting, and a twinkle in his eye that indicates he’s been waiting to pounce.
White House spokesman Jay Carney got in a nice little jab too, with a reminder that Rove “might have been the last person in America” to figure out who won the last presidential election. And House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi suggested Rove might be “projecting his own weaknesses” on to Hillary Clinton.
This isn’t likely the end of it, though. Washington Times columnist Charles Hurt suggested that Clinton should have been “checked into a rubber room” for her “psychosis.” Fox News once thought Hillary’s fall and concussion was fake, but now says it means she can’t be president.
Here’s the rest of the best of the worst in wingnuttery this week:
- Fox News contributor Allen West wrote that the focus on Boko Haram was a “fishy,” “Wag the Dog” moment by the Obama administration to distract from Benghazi.
- WorldNet Daily columnist Erik Rush wrote that President Obama is “covertly supporting” Boko Haram, and using he kidnapping of hundreds of Nigerian girls to distract from Benghazi.
- According to conservatives, #BringBackOurGirls is just one of a dozen things Obama has used to distract from Benghazi.
- Earlier this month, on his radio show, Rush told far-right theorist Jim Garrow that the Obama administration is seeking new gun laws in order to usher in an Islamist takeover.
- Rep. Michele Bachmann (R, Minnesota) accused Democrats of attempting to “sabotage” the Benghazi hearings, but the Benghazi committee’s utter lack of focus has more to do with the GOP than the Democrats.
- House Majority Leader Rep. Eric Cantor (R, Virginia) was booed by tea partiers in his own district.
- House Republicans voted to hold former IRS official Lois Lerner in contempt of Congress, but House Speaker John Boehner (R, Ohio) won’t be sending the Sergeant at Arms to arrest her.
- Newt Gingrich wants to “teach people who are gay to be open and understanding” toward the homophobic jerks who hate them and want to discriminate against them.
- Ann Coulter’s attempt to make fun of #BringBackOurGirls went horribly, deliciously wrong.
- Rick Santorum came up with a solution to the Obamacare contraception mandate: the government should give away contraceptives.
- Right-wing “revolutionary” organization Operation American Spring promise to drive Obama from office this Friday.