1825 K Street, NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20006
202-955-5665 (tel) | 202-955-5606 (fax) | www.ourfuture.org
Last updated: September 19, 2008
2. Purposes of OurFuture.org. CAF & IAF are nonpartisan organizations, with a mission to forge the enduring progressive majority needed to realize the America of shared prosperity and equal opportunity that our country was meant to be.
The purposes of OurFuture.org are to assist in the above mission by promoting the work of CAF & IAF, leading discussion about news and proposed policies, and providing an online community for progressives to share ideas. The purpose of OurFuture.org is not to advance the interests of any particular party or candidate for office.
By posting Submissions — you grant to CAF or IAF and its designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicenseable, assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based on, perform and display such Submissions (in whole or in part) in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, without compensation to you or any other provider of the Submissions. You also permit any visitor to OurFuture.org to access, display, view, store and reproduce such Submissions for personal use.
You acknowledge that to the extent that you include personally identifiable information in Submissions, CAF or IAF may republish such information as part of the content. If CAF or IAF republishes your content, CAF or IAF may provide authorship credit by listing your name as well.
4. Community Rules. OurFuture.org uses " Community Rules" set forth below to create a forum where information and progressive views can be shared in a productive way. While using OurFuture.org, you agree to adhere to the Community Rules below.
You agree to:
* Respect others - by not threatening, insulting, abusing, intimidating or harassing other users.
* Use OurFuture.org to participate in the OurFuture.org's mission, not to promote yourself or your organization. Posting Submissions solely to promote your own projects is not allowed.
You agree not to:
* Post any Submissions or provide links to any Submissions that endorse or oppose a particular political party or candidate for office.
* Post any private information or otherwise harvest, collect or disclose information, about another site user without his or her express consent.
* Post any content to OurFuture.org that is unlawful, racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise hateful, or libelous, defamatory, obscene, or harassing.
* Post any content to OurFuture.org that infringes any third party's intellectual property or other rights.
* Use OurFuture.org for any unlawful purpose, or transmit or otherwise make available in connection with OurFuture.org any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability.
* Use OurFuture.org for advertisements, chain letters, "spamming," survey solicitations, junk mail or solicitations.
* Impersonate any person or entity, including any CAF or IAF employees, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
* Imply that CAF or IAF endorses any of your statements or positions.
* Transmit any harmful, invasive or disruptive code or other materials (such as viruses, worms or web bugs) through or to OurFuture.org, or otherwise "hack" or deface any portion of OurFuture.org.
* Frame or mirror any part of OurFuture.org without prior written authorization from CAF or IAF.
5. Proprietary Rights, Re-Use Policy and Limits on Use. You acknowledge and agree that the information and materials presented on or through OurFuture.org will remain the property of CAF or IAF and its licensors or providers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and related laws, rules and regulations. All articles and other text content have a “byline” indicating the author of that article or other content element. Any such text content authored by CAF, IAF or any staff member of either organization, may be freely reproduced, copied, and distributed solely for non-commercial purposes, provided that appropriate credit is given and, if the use is online, a link back to OurFuture.org is provided. All other text content remains the property of its author and may only be reproduced with permission.
Video and audio content labeled “produced by” CAF or IAF may be reproduced if used in its entirety solely for noncommercial purposes, with appropriate credit given to CAF or IAF and, if the use is online, a link back to OurFuture.org is provided. No derivative works may be created, and no component elements of audio or video content may be extracted and used outside the work as a whole. All other audio or video content remains the property of its author and may only be reproduced with permission.
Photos, graphics and other images, and any other content not addressed above may be reproduced only with permission.
“Appropriate credit” means that you attribute the materials to CAF or IAF, credit a specific author when one is identified, and provide a link to either the CAF home page  or the IAF home page  or the specific URL where the material originated.
You may not make any editorial changes to articles or materials without first receiving express permission from CAF or IAF. This provision does not restrict excerpting portions of content in a manner that does not alter the editorial intent.
The trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names displayed on OurFuture.org (collectively the "Marks") are the registered and unregistered trademarks of CAF or IAF, its licensors and suppliers, and others. All Marks on OurFuture.org not owned by CAF or IAF are the property of their respective owners. The Marks owned by CAF or IAF, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service from any other organization or individual.
6. Information Provided By Third Parties. Some information made available on or through OurFuture.org is provided by third parties, such as news services or other OurFuture.org users. The inclusion or appearance of any third-party content on OurFuture.org does not indicate any approval or endorsement by CAF or IAF. CAF and IAF are not responsible for, and hereby disclaim any and all liability that may arise from Third-Party Content.
7. Links. OurFuture.org provides links to other websites and resources. Because neither CAF nor IAF have control over these sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that neither CAF nor IAF endorses or is responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. CAF or IAF provide these links to you only as a convenience. CAF or IAF has the right, but not the obligation to block links from or to OurFuture.org at any time.
8. Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by CAF or IAF infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. Notices must include:
Notices and counter-notices with respect to OurFuture.org should be sent to:
Campaign for America's Future/Institute for America's Future
1825 K Street NW, Suite 400
Washington D.C. 20006
12. Disclaimers. OURFUTURE.ORG IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST EVALUATE AND BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF OURFUTURE.ORG, AND ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS THEREOF. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, CAF DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO OURFUTURE.ORG.
13. Limitation of Liability. NEITHER CAF, IAF NOR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR CONSULTANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO OURFUTURE.ORG AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OURFUTURE.ORG, ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH OURFUTURE.ORG. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH OURFUTURE.ORG, CONTENT, SERVICES OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP YOUR USE OF IT.