On March 10, 2011, the Campaign for America’s Future held the Summit on Jobs and America’s Future: Economists and organizers, labor and business leaders and civic reformers met to build a movement to hold leaders accountable for creating jobs.
Solutions discussed at the Summit include:
• Rebuild national infrastructure. Set up an infrastructure bank and expand public transit.
• Change the financial system to reward job creation not gambling.
• Create green energy jobs.
• Change policies to encourage companies to Make it in America – and institute currency reform.
• Support for Representative Miller and Ellison’s Local Jobs for America Act to create jobs in communities.
• Invest in education and research and development, and expand broadband access
While some of this agenda would aim at long term, sustainable job creation, Summit speakers, also called for action to quickly spur job creation in the public and private sector. more »
Help us spread the word about these important stories...
Bookmark/Search this post with: